Friday 29 October 2010

Establishing reality

Most people I know are all about creating the perfect life for themselves and the people they have closest. Many of them get annoyed by things and thoughts that come their way, when these things are not part of their own bubble. Which is fine. I honestly feel relieved when my friends start valuing themselves and the life they lead. But the fort we all have around our values and ways of thinking also leaves us feeling lonely sometimes.

It seems I am lingering on the other extreme, where there is a constant urge to see through the fasade, to break through and create an understanding of what is lying beyond the back drop. All my days of "thinking to much" was probably just me trying to get it. And people kept telling me there wasn't anything to get. Wasn't there though? Or is it just a strategy we are taught, to let us live without constant fear of the unknown? I know it is easier to focus on what to have for dinner and when to get kids. It's a kind of reality, one that is clear, one that we are taught to handle. That is what they call growing up.

Is there too little time for us to go beyond what is expected? Are we just lazy? What are we going to do when everything is said and done and we are about to die but have a little moment left? Sometime I feel alone with my brain. Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Det låter som repliker ur Sånger från andra våningen. Och det är förstås positivt menat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det måste vara den finaste komplimang man kan få från dig Fredrik! Tackar och bockar.

    ReplyDelete